We have established and will comply with this Policy on the use of social media by our directors, executive officers, employees (regular employees, probationers, full-time non-regular employees and contract employees), temporary employees, contingent workers (regular workers, day laborers, temporary workers and part-timers, etc.) and part-time non-regular employees (collectively, the "Employees").
1. Purpose of Introducing this Policy
We have developed this Policy as guidance to enable each Employee to have better communication with society and to develop healthy corporate culture by ensuring that the Employees who intend to use social media are well aware of the characteristics thereof and provide information in an appropriate manner.
2. Definition of Social Media
The term "social media" means the methods of transmitting and disseminating information that enable a number of users to communicate using the Internet and web technology.
3. Employees' Awareness and Responsibilities for Transmission of Information on and Responses to Social Media
(1) The Employees recognize that information posted to social media is accessible by numbers of users, transmitted information cannot be completely deleted, and information submitted by each Employee may have a significant effect on society.
(2) When using social media, the Employees shall comply with laws and regulations (including the Copyright Act and Act on the Protection of Personal Information) as well as our rules (including the Corporate Guiding Principles and Employment Rules).
(3) The Employees shall not disclose or divulge any confidential information that comes to their attention in the course of performing their duties.
(4) The Employees recognize that personal postings on social media may lead to a favorable evaluation of us.
(5) The Employees shall, as members of society with a good sense, comply with the followings:
(i) Be disciplined not to engage in behaviors that run counter to common sense;
(ii) Be ready to listen to what the other party has to say;
(iii) Be careful not to mislead others; and
(iv) Make efforts to provide valuable information.
4. Attention Customers, Business Partners and Social Media Users
Information posted on social media by the Employees does not necessarily represent an official announcement and statement of our Group. Official announcements and statements will be made via our Group's website and press release.
This Policy is subject to change without notice. In this case, all modifications will be notified on our website.