- Oil type: Oil + Air : Normal performance
- Gas type: Oil + Gas : Better performance
- Gas type contains the nitrogen gas.
- Gas type : It’s better than Oil type. You can feel good even if you drive in bad roads.
- Non Gas type (Oil type) : You can feel good when you drive well in paved roads.
- It is contained nitrogen gas.
- They recommend the Gas type when you drive on the bad road because of their good performance. An Oil type can work enough on the paved road, but a road condition changes and it has the limit of its ability, so they recommend the Gas type.
Steering parts is the component joint between steering and wheel hub to control and angle while turn the steering to left or right and control alignment of wheel by adjust toe in/out and camber.
Suspension parts is to connect or link to stabilizer bar to control stability when the car was drive.
- Tie rod ends are widely used in rack and pinion steering type and also steering box type. Tie rod ends have inner and outer part. Outer tie rod end is connected to steering knuckle and inner tie rod end is connected to the steering rack. Function of tie rod ends are push and pull the front tires as the steering wheel is turned.
- Ball joints connect the car wheels to the suspension system. Ball joints are made of a bearing stud and socket, basically ball joint allow the force and displacement of the wheel and transfer to suspension link. Control and support joints on the steering axis of a double wishbone front suspension by rotation or move with angle while steering are turn.
- Rack end is the component of rack & pinion steering type which rack end is connected to tie rod end. Function of rack end is absorb road condition in order to maintain vehicle handling.
- Stabilizer link is the components of suspension system which connected to the sway bar and shock absorber. Stabilizer link transmits force to sway bar in order to keep vehicle stability.
1. Metal to Plastic (Advantage : Smooth and comfort, maintenance free and wild range.)
2. Metal to Metal (Advantage : Heavy duty used and high temperature resistance grease need to inject every 3 or 6 month.)
Ball stud get high force and stress on the neck. The good quality of ball stud should be design with one pieces body and surface hardness of the ball to be glided to avoid cracking, abrasion, adhesion which is produce noise problem and ball stud loose toque very fast.
Tie rod end inspection
Step 1 : To inspect the steering parts, lift the car with a Jack.
Step 2 : Place your hands on the tire at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions. Then push and pull the tire rapidly to check the tie rod end. If you feel looseness on its movement, it is a sign to replace tie rod end.
Ball joint inspection
Step 1 : To inspect the ball joint, lift the car with a Jack.
Step 2 : Hold the wheel on both 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock position. Then push and pull the wheel to feel the looseness in its movement. If you feel any looseness when moving, it is a sign to replace ball joint.
Rusting or general wear and tear is present on the suspension parts.
To check the ball joint, one may push and pull the tires from top to bottom to determine if there is unnecessary movement from the tires. If movement is present or should the boot be broken upon visual inspection; then it is time to replace the ball joint.
To inspect rack end, It is essential to remove the wheel and the rubber dust cover and check if there is any unnecessary movements when pushing and pulling the wheel carrier sideways (left and right). If unnecessary movement is present and if ball stud in the rack end or tie rod is loose from its housing. Then its is advised to replace your rack end and tie rod end.
To check the stabilizer link, it is advised to run the car on rough roads. When knocking sound occurs or when rubber boot is broken upon visual inspection. Then it is advisable to replace the stabilizer link.
The tie rod end connects the steering rack to the wheel hub. Tie rod ends are installed on both side of the rack end. This is used for wheel alignment during toe in/out and also used for the control of the wheel when turning left or right.